INDIVIDUAL & COUPLES COUNSELING FOR THE LGBT COMMUNITY
While attending graduate school in San Francisco it came to me that one of my life missions upon graduation was to import positive sexuality to my home state of Colorado — and that’s what I try to do. It’s not always easy, however I do believe it is always important to try.
In addition to my Ph.D. in Human Sexuality and my clinical training in couples counseling, I have post-graduate certification in Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Family Systems. This means that after I already had my masters degree, I obtained additional training to work specifically with the LGBT community. Whether you are lesbian, gay, bi, curious, questioning or queer, I probably have experience helping people resolve similar issues to what you may be facing.
I specialize in providing individual therapy and couples counseling to sexual minorities and have particular areas of expertise in the following areas:
- Relationship counseling for lesbian and gay couples
- A Non-Twelve-Step, sex-positive approach to treating “sex addiction”, porn problems, and problematic sexual behavior
- Any matter related to sexual orientation or gender identity
- Alternative forms of sexual expression, including BDSM, fetishes and open relationship
- Recovery from reparative therapy, aversion therapy or any other shaming experience
- Healing from sexual, emotional or physical abuse
- Men and women’s sexual function and sexual health
Coming out is complicated. I can be a strong and supportive ally for you in your process. In addition to my work with private clients I have also done diversity training for the federal government and have worked diligently toward anti-discrimination practices here in Colorado.